Dear Eaton Friends, Neighbors and Alumni Families,
We hope you are enjoying a wonderful holiday season! This is always a magical time of year at Eaton when pure joy permeates the school building as we celebrate our many cultures. It’s also the time of year when we reflect back and are especially grateful to our community members. We are particularly mindful that you are a critical part of our continued success and want to be sure that you have first-hand knowledge of what we’re able to achieve because of you.
Eaton stands out as one of the most vibrant and diverse elementary schools in Washington, D.C. It’s also one of the few schools in the city that enjoys the following distinctions based solely on its high levels of student achievement:
- Rewards School (recognition for outstanding achievement on the 2012 DC-CAS)
- Autonomous School (encourages innovation and gives schools flexibility in various areas: textbook adoption, budget allocation, scheduling, professional development, and curriculum)
- Catalyst World Cultures School (academic program that promotes critical thinking; global perspective; and communicative and intercultural competence in a language other than English)
- Top 10 DCPS Elementary School (reading and math proficiency levels remain among the highest)
Our school leaders, Principal Dale Mann and Assistant Principal Jacqueline Anderson, along with our hard-working teachers and staff, are dedicated to comprehensive learning models that develop the whole child. School-wide programs and initiatives make that mission possible and your contributions help support them:
- Full-time art and music programs
- Part-time Enrichment Coordinators (2)
- Field Trips (George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate, The Kennedy Center, The Washington Ballet, The National Opera, Homestead Farm, Smithsonian Museums, Tudor Place Historic House & Garden, etc.)
- Environmental Studies programs
- Strategic Partnerships (The Washington Ballet and The National Opera)
Last year marked a remarkable 100th anniversary for our Cleveland Park neighborhood jewel. Eaton has a rich history and we are committed to continuing its legacy. Our school leaders, teachers, staff, neighbors, alumni and parents continue to work together to make that possible.
We are asking, however, that you please consider making an end-of-the-year contribution to John Eaton Elementary if you are able. It truly does take a village to make a great school.
Thank you for your continued interest in John Eaton Elementary. You are always welcome to drop in for a visit or check out our website at www.eatondc.org for school highlights.
Would you like family/friends to stay on top of Eaton news and Fundraisers? Please fill out the information on this electronic form.
For your convenience, you can make a gift by credit card online using PAYPAL.
If you prefer to send in a check, please click here to download a pdf of this form to print out.
make check payable to John Eaton HSA and mail to:
John Eaton School – Annual Fund
3301 Lowell Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
John Eaton Home and School Association (HSA) is a 501(c) 3 organization. Contributions are tax-deductible. Our tax ID is 52-1067080.
Please email here if you need more information.