We are midway through the 2013-2014 school year! The administration sent a survey link in the Eagle’s Landing to gather feedback from parents.
To view a graph of the complete survey click here.
- 131 parents responded to the survey (compared to 180 in 2012 and 78 in 2011)
- 96% are “extremely or moderately satisfied” with the administrative team and the direction they are moving the school (increase of 20% when compared to 2011)
- 95% are “extremely or moderately satisfied” with the overall quality of instruction (increase of 18% when compared to 2011)
- 98% are “extremely or moderately satisfied” with how the school communicates with parents (increase of 20% when compared to 2011)
- 90% are “extremely or moderately satisfied” with the school keeping parents regularly informed of their child(ren)’s progress (increase of 7% when compared to 2011)
- 98% “strongly agree or agree” that they feel welcomed at Eaton ES
- 22% shared they were “extremely, very, or moderately concerned” about their child’s safety at Eaton ES (decrease of 11% when compared to 2012)
This survey engaged parents and provided valuable feedback to help guide our ongoing improvement efforts at John Eaton. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
John Eaton ES is looking for highly qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
Full-time classroom teacher (grades K-2)
Two full-time classroom teachers (grades 3-5)
Full-time music teacher (experience with Orff-Schulwerk approach preferred, not required)
Full-time science resource teacher (undergraduate major or minor in science preferred, not required)
Half-time School-wide Enrichment Model (SEM) teacher, (Full-time SEM Option: Job share Ross ES in NW. Contact (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
DCPS and the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education (DME) are undergoing an important student assignment policy review process (commonly referred to as “boundaries and feeders”) that may affect where your child is eligible to go to school in the future. Click on the link above to learn more about how you can be involved in the process.
Would you like to tour John Eaton? Please contact Trish Berman at either 202-282-0103 or email@example.com to schedule a tour.
Don’t forget that there are some easy ways to support the school this year. Make your Amazon purchases through the John Eaton link and Amazon will give the school up to 10%. Check out our new Mabel’s Labels partnership and keep the Lost & Found empty. Make a donation to SET and help support our valuable Art & Enrichment Instruction. The links and info can be found under the Support header at the top of the page. Thanks for your continued support!